Having trouble narrowing down where to eat for Winterlicious 2017? Vv Magazine’s Ama Scriver breaks down the best new and necessary, vegan and vegetarian, bang for your buck, and old favourites.
While there may be a deep-freeze going on across the city, kitchens are getting their knives sharpened and pans heated for Winterlicious. The two-week-long pre fixe culinary event offers diners across the city the chance to experience one of the more than 200 restaurants participating. So don’t hibernate for too long because this is the perfect opportunity to enjoy incredible savings on some of Toronto’s top restaurants.
Restaurants will accept reservations for Winterlicious beginning January 12, 2017 and to help make things a bit easier, we’ve narrowed down the top 20 must-try restaurants for this year!
New and Necessary
- Miku – $28 Lunch, $48 Dinner – This much hyped and talked about Japanese restaurant from Vancouver takes Aburi sushi to the next level.
- Gallery Grill at The Hart House – $23 Lunch – With vaulted ceiling and hand-painted stained glass windows, Chef Suzanne Baby has created a beautifully locally sourced menu.
- Indian Street Food Co. – $18 Lunch, $28 Dinner – Hemant Bhagwani has replaced his Amaya concept with this delightful concept that serves snacks and meals commonly found in street markets.
- Loka – $38 Dinner – If you love all things meat, you need to check out Chef Dave Mottershall’s restaurant.
- Leña – $28 Lunch, $48 Dinner – This beautiful new Oliver & Bonacini space is located inside the Saks Fifth Avenue flagship and features an Argentinean-inspired menu.
Best of Vegan and Vegetarian
- Hawker Bar – $28 Dinner – These Singapore street food bites will leave you craving more.
- Nota Bene – $28 Lunch, $48 Dinner – This is a Queen West go-to with incredible cocktails.
- Tabülè – $18 Lunch, $28 Dinner – One of the city’s finest Middle Eastern eateries, it’s a hidden gem.
- Insomnia Restaurant and Lounge – $18 Lunch, $28 Dinner – Best known for their brunch, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by their other offerings.
- Entice Culinary Lounge – $38 Dinner – Instagram-worthy eats that taste even better than they look.
Best Bang for your Buck
- Bosk – $28 Lunch, $48 Dinner – Looking for an unforgettable meal? Located inside the Shangri-La Hotel, the dishes please all of the senses while fusing Canadian and Asian flavours.
- Fring’s Restaurant – $48 Dinner – The likelihood of a Drake sighting with your Winterlicious reservation is very high, just saying.
- Cafe Boulud – $28 Lunch, $48 Dinner – This beautiful French brasserie inside the Four Seasons Toronto hotel from Chef Daniel Boulud has seen new life since its renovation. If you haven’t been – now is your chance.
- The Carbon Bar – $38 Dinner – Meat platters and bourbon cocktails? We don’t need any more convincing
- Kasa Moto – $28 Lunch, $48 Dinner – If you’re looking for a contemporary take on Japanese cuisine, this is your place.
- North 44 – $48 Dinner – Chef Mark McEwan’s first restaurant still stands the test of time.
- Marben – $38 Dinner – Another restaurant that has seen lots of changes throughout the years, but has always been consistent with a British inspired menu.
- Jump – $23 Lunch, $38 Dinner – One of the crown jewels in the Oliver & Bonacini family. The restaurant has been open for over 20 years and has seen many up-and-coming culinary stars come through its kitchen.
- The Drake Hotel – $23 Lunch, $38 Dinner – With seasonal takes on classic dishes – chef Ted Corrado has kept this spot of one of the hottest and most talked about.
- Canoe – $28 Lunch, $48 Dinner – Come for the food, but stay for the view. Located on the 54th floor of the TD Tower, it is worth getting on the reservation line day-of to get a seat here.
Did we miss any of the best restaurants to try during Winterlicious 2017? Let Vv Magazine know in the comment section or tweet us at @ViewtheVibe.
Latest posts by Ama Scriver (see all)
- The Great Debate: Will the $15 Minimum Wage Increase Hurt Business Owners? - August 21, 2017
- The Best Cold Brews & Iced Coffees in Toronto - July 18, 2017
- 13 Restaurants to Book For Summerlicious 2017 - July 7, 2017