Check Out Events Happening in Toronto
- This event has passed.
Kensington Market Jazz Festival
September 14 - September 16Prices Vary
Mark your calendars! The third annual Kensington Market Jazz Festival will be the best one yet.
Deemed by Brad Wheeler of the Globe and Mail as “wildly successful,” the new kid on the Toronto jazz festival block is the brainchild of founding director, acclaimed musician, philanthropist and Officer of the Order of Canada, Molly Johnson. Born in Kensington Market, she dreamt of creating this festival for years as inspired by playing European festivals. Since the spring of 2016, with the help of musicians Ori Dagan and Genevieve Marentette, and social media maven Celine Peterson, Johnson has been spearheading an annual celebration of Toronto culture and talent.
“What makes the weekend so magical is the coming together of the Kensington Market neighbourhood and Toronto’s music community. Musicians, audiences, volunteers and participating businesses are what make this festival what it is,” says Johnson. “CASH ONLY at the door means an ENGAGED AUDIENCE. Our goal is to have sold out shows at every venue and we work very hard using social media and hard-working volunteers to stuff those venues with people who love live music as well as Kensington Market.”
New And Returning Venues
Returning participating venues include:
- Handlebar (159 Augusta Ave)
- Hotbox Cafe (204 Augusta Ave)
- Poetry Jazz Cafe (224 Augusta Ave)
- Supermarket (268 Augusta Ave)
- Pamenar Cafe (307 Augusta Ave)
- Lola’s (20 Kensington Ave) to name a few.
Follow Kensington Jazz Festival on Social Media
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram: @KENSINGTONJAZZ
Latest posts by VIBE Team (see all)
- They’re back: Cookies for a Cause — bringing back Smiles - September 17, 2018
- Chef’s Party is Back with Glitz, Glam & Cinema to celebrate a great TIFF - September 11, 2018
- 5 Ways to Look and Feel Younger - September 10, 2018