Check Out What's Going Down in Toronto
- This event has passed.
Nuit Blanche at the Aga Khan Museum
September 29 @ 7:00 pm - September 30 @ 7:00 amFree
Join us for an unparalleled, all-night celebration of art, music, storytelling, comedy, and performance. It will illuminate the cross-cultural interactions that shape Toronto. Our Nuit Blanche 2018 event, Arrivals and Encounters, features more than 30 mostly-local artists from a variety of traditions and ten unique spaces. You’re invited to explore what it means to live in a city of constant change.
Enjoy performances inside Mongolian yurts, an all-American Airstream, and an Indigenous teepee. Have your fortune told through dance. Immerse yourself in a multimedia installation, and experience the power of whirling dervishes. Inspired by the many people who call Toronto home — immigrants, settlers, refugees, and Indigenous peoples — there is something for everyone at Arrivals and Encounters. Map your own journey here at the Aga Khan Museum; the Aga Khan Park; and the Ismaili Centre, Toronto and choose your own encounters.
Nuit Blanche Highlights
- Discover a vibrant installation by acclaimed street artist and designer Javid JAH in the Aga Khan Park’s reflecting pools
- Come to play with a wide range of musicians during jam sessions in our Mongolian yurt
- Enjoy a comedy showcase hosted by The Imposter’s Aliya Pabani
- Explore the Museum’s Permanent Collection gallery until midnight
- Participate in a midnight Sufi sama with Rumi Canada
- Welcome sunrise with Raag-Mala Music Society of Toronto, or with Native Women in the Arts
- Expand your musical horizons with artists like Narcy, Kaia Kater, Bernice, Pantayo, Blue Spiral, Moskitto Bar, Amai Kuda et Les Bois, Tafelmusik, Ziibiwan, and more!
- Complement your evening with an eclectic array of food available for sale onsite.
Take advantage of the free round-trip shuttle service. It runs every thirty minutes from Downtown and Scarborough to the Aga Khan Museum. Other stops include the Royal Ontario Museum, the Ontario Science Centre, and Lawrence East SRT station.
For more information, please visit: http://www.agakhanmuseum.org/programs/nuit-blanche-2018
Who of any events that you think should be listed? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. Stay tuned for our submission form coming soon!