That’s right, you read that correctly. Long gone are the days of treacherous juice cleanses and in are the days where getting fit and adapting a healthier lifestyle involves eating a popsicle.
Yes, we’re talking good ol’ fashioned popsicles – they’re just stuffed with some of that healthy-good-for-your-body-mind-and-soul stuff. With the summer months ahead, it’s time for you to ditch the juice and start getting cool with a few ice pops because as it turns out, popsicles are all the rage these days.
Launched in 2014 by Sophie Milrom, EatPops are the first of its kind: a healthy popsicle sans the excessive sugar, unnecessary added colours, and the unwanted calories. These popsicles are essentially frozen fresh juices, making those juice cleanses a lot more tolerable. They come in a variety of flavours based on what you’re looking to get out of your popsicle. If you’re thinking of adding some more antioxidants into your regime, the Super Detox made with Acai, Noni, Goji and Cherry, will be right up your alley. At 70 calories a pop (for the Super Detox, at least), we won’t judge you if you go back for seconds. On the other hand, if you’re looking to clean out your insides, the Cleanse made with Lemon, Cayenne and Agave (reminiscent of The Master Cleanse,) will help you do just that. Those looking to fill ‘er up on protein and a boost of energy can opt for the Nourish bar, made with Banana, Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Agave, Sea Salt and Flax. Each pop is tailored for the needs of your body and skin, which is fantastic for those who need that extra health boost.
Now for those looking to take things to a DIY level, these bad boys are just as easy to make as they are to eat.
In fact, these are perfect to make with the entire famjam, especially if you’re looking to dust off that NutriBullet or Vitamix that’s been sitting at the back of your pantry. You can take a cue from EatPops and emulate your favourite popsicle at home or you can try one of these recipes that are just as healthy and equally as tasty – just be sure to have your blender and popsicle molds ready (these are great ones):
The Pop Perfect For Summer
Perfect for a post-bbq dessert in the backyard, this popsicle is cool, refreshing and will definitely quench that summer thirst.
1. Blend for a creamy popsicle or…
2. Drop a bunch of your favourite berries into the popsicle mold and fill it up with coconut water. It’s the 2-ingredient, 2-step popsicle that’ll have you and your guests craving for more.
The Breakfast Pop
Breakfast will never be the same after you’ve tried these no-fuss, easy pops.
Your favourite fruit
1 can Coconut Milk
1 tbsp Agave
½ tsp vanilla or almond extract
¼ cup Chia Seeds
1. Whisk coconut milk into a small bowl
2. Stir in the chia seeds, let sit for 30 minutes and stir lightly again
3. Add mixture to the bottom of the mold and add fruit. Repeat
4. Freeze and serve
The Remedy Pop
There’s nothing worse than having a cold in the summer. Here’s a remedy pop that will give your immune system the boost it needs so that you can get back to enjoying the warmer months.
1 large lemon
2 long pieces of ginger, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp of honey
2 teabags of Chamomile tea
2½ cups boiling water
1. In a bowl, pour boiling water over the lemon juice, ginger, honey and chamomile tea bags. Let steep for a few minutes
2. Remove tea bags and strain out the ginger
3. Pour into molds, freeze, and serve
Will you trade your pressed juice in for a healthy popsicle? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @ViewTheVibe.
Latest posts by Azra Hirji (see all)
- The Best Podcasts to Listen to Right Now - July 15, 2016
- Forget Juice Cleanses and Go Eat A Popsicle - May 11, 2016
- Pumped up Kicks: The Best High-Tech Sneakers on the Market - April 7, 2016