Back for its 158th year is the Queen’s Plate, Toronto’s very own little Kentucky Derby. As the longest continuously run race in North America, the two-day event will bring hundreds of dapperly dressed ladies and gents together for a day full of summer cocktails, local food, live music, fashion, and bets in celebration of Canada’s oldest thoroughbred horse race.
This year the festival falls over Canada Day weekend at Woodbine Racetrack. Queen’s Plate will be ringing in Canada’s 150th on Saturday, July 1st with races starting at 1pm. Throughout the day, visitors can revel in stilt walkers, caricature artist and face painters (for the kids), plus live performances by Ojibway Storytellers, and Canada’s own superstars, Our Lady Peace and Kardinal Offishall. Day two of the races on Sunday, July 2nd will include all the fun of day one, and closing performances by Matt Mays and Goo Goo Dolls.
Sound like something you’d be into? We’re giving away 5 pairs of tickets so that you can get in on the action and celebrate the long-standing Canadian tradition. All you have to do is enter the contest in the widget below.
Terms & Conditions:
- Five (5) winners will receive two (2) tickets to Queen’s Plate (RV: $60)
- Entrants must live in Ontario, GTA best
- Travel is not included
- Entrants must be 19+ to enter
- Contest closes Friday, June 30, 2017 at 7:00 am EST
- Five winners will be contacted via email on Friday, June 30, 2017
- Winners will have until Friday, June 30, 2017 to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond, they forfeit the prize & a new winner will be picked
Have you attended Queen’s Plate in the past? What’s your favourite part about the festival? Let us know in the comment section or tweet us at @ViewtheVibe.
Latest posts by ViewTheVibe (see all)
- Pizza Fest: Toronto’s Top Pizza Joints & Italian Restos Come Together - July 18, 2018
- The Ultimate Guide to Toronto’s Best Patios - June 30, 2018
- Smokin’ in the City: Your Guide to Smoking Meat - June 23, 2018