It’s summer in the city, so it’s no surprise that frozen desserts are trending right now. From cookie dough scoops to charcoal ice cream, it seems like everyone’s stomach and Instagram feed is teeming with sweet treats. Summertime also calls for camping and cottages; nights by the fire and classic s’mores. So naturally, when you put the two trending season favourites together, you get what Summer’s Ice Cream calls a S’moresicle!
The Yorkville ice cream shop has been serving up homemade scoops and keeping the city cool since ’84, and this season they’re bringing ice cream lovers a fresh batch of recipes to try at home, including the campfire inspired S’moresicle. Making it at home is easy — especially since you can shop tubs of Summer’s at grocers across Ontario. All you need is ice cream, popsicle sticks, graham crackers and chocolate.
Take a peek at the full recipe below.
What you need:
- 500ml container of Summer’s Campfire Marshmallow Ice Cream
- 12 popsicle sticks
- 24 graham crackers
- 3 cups coarsely chopped chocolate
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers
- Remove ice cream from freezer for 3-4 minutes to soften slightly. Add a scoop of Campfire Marshmallow ice cream to one graham cracker, top with another graham cracker to make a sandwich.
- Push popsicle stick into the centre of the ice cream, return to freezer for 1 hour or until firm.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, microwave the chopped chocolate on 50% power for2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until the chocolate is almost completely melted.
- Continue stirring it until it is fully melted.
- Retrieve ice cream pops from freezer and quickly dip into chocolate sauce. Sprinkle chocolate with graham crackle crumble. Return to freezer until ready to serve.
All images via Irene Matys & Jennifer Hulley courtesy of Summer’s Ice Cream
What are your favourite treats to eat in the summer? Let us know in the comment section or tweet us at @ViewtheVibe.
Latest posts by Amanda Phuong (see all)
- A Yacht Charter is the Most Luxurious Way to Spend your Next Holiday - September 6, 2017
- Jamaican-Chinese Spot Patois has Reopened - August 9, 2017
- Meet Dan Ellis, the Brewer Behind the City’s Most Innovative Beer - August 1, 2017