Foodies of Toronto rejoice! We’ve got ourselves a new food festival which promises guests a diverse variety of food and drink under one roof. Tastemaker Toronto, a curated and immersive food festival taking place from May 18th to 19th, 2018 in the Kiln building at Evergreen Brickworks.
Brought to you by IMG, the team behind Taste of Toronto, Tastemaker will be building off the popularity of food halls which are a staple in Europe and the US and are now starting to emerge in Canada. With this open concept, guests can enjoy their food in a rustic environment on communal seating and take their pick of the many globally inspired food and drink stations.
SOBEY’S TASTEMAKTER KITCHEN
What makes Tastemaker different from other food festivals? It’s biggest feature is the Sobey’s Tastemaker Kitchen which allows never before seen collaborations between renowned chefs from various culinary hot spots across the city. Together they will create unique dishes that can ONLY be found at the festival. Who are these chefs you ask? Check out this amazing roster:
- Afrim Pristine (Cheese Boutique)
- Alida Solomon (Tutti Matti)
- Brad Smith (Resto Boemo)
- Elia Herrera (Los Colibris)
- Grant Van Gameren (Bar Isabel, Bar Raval)
- Ivana Raca (Resto Boemo)
- Matt Dean Pettit (Matty’s Seafood Co.)
- Michael Hunter (Antler Kitchen & Bar)
- Patrick Kriss (Alo)
- Rob Gentile (Buca Osteria & Enoteca)
- Victor Barry (Piano Piano, Café Cancan)
- Vikram Vij (Vij’s)
OTHER GREAT FESTIVAL FEATURES
PADERNO CHALLENGE KITCHEN
If you love culinary competition than the Paderno Challenge Kitchen just might be the event for you. The event will have two chefs going head to head in creating a dish with a very specific ingredient. The chefs will get to show off their creativity, all while you get to learn and see how they handle the ingredients you might be unfamiliar with.
TORONTO LIFE PAIRING TABLE
The Toronto Life Pairing Table, is the perfect festival feature to learn and master the art of food and drink pairing. This feature will offer you the opportunities to listen in on talks with food and drink experts and be guided through paired tastings. Pairings include:
- Piano, Piano’s Kale, Bacon and Proscuitto Pizza, paired with an Astral Tequila Paloma
- Fifth Town Cheese Board with The Sunshine Old Fashioned
- Ace Bakery Bruschetta’s with Banrock Station Pink Moscato Sangria
While you’re waiting to make room in your stomach for food you can enjoy the multitude of vendors present at Tastemaker. Here are just a few of the ones participating this year.
- Ace Bakery
- Adamo Estate Winery
- Ezra Brooks Whiskey
- Ferrante Cheese
- Pure Leaf
- Rhineland Cutlery
“Tastemaker will allow guests to explore the best of what the city’s culinary scene has to offer,” commented Justin Clarke, SVP & Managing Director of Culinary, IMG. The inaugural Tastemaker Tour will be debuting in both Toronto and Chicago. Both cities are known for their ever emerging dining scene and attract the best restaurants and most renowned chefs. The diversity of both these cities will undoubtedly be showcased at the event and further intrench their place in the culinary world.
TICKETS TO TASTEMAKER
If your taste buds are starting to salivate at the idea of Tastemaker, we don’t blame you. This is not to be missed – get your tickets below!
All-inclusive ticket – a one-time payment of $60 will give guests access to all event programming on a session-based entry
The three different sessions are:
- Friday May 18th 7:00-11:00pm
- Saturday May 19th 1:00-5:00pm
- Saturday May 19th 7:00-11:00pm
Unlimited Food and Drink – Visitors will enjoy unlimited samples from chefs, restaurants, wineries, and artisans
This event is legal drinking age only (19+/21+). BUY YOUR TICKETS HERE.
Until then you can find more information on Tastemaker’s website and social media accounts.
For more information, visit:
Latest posts by ViewTheVibe (see all)
- URBANI_T: The Coolest Festival This Victoria Day Long Weekend - May 17, 2018
- InfluenceTHIS Marketing Conference – May 15th, 2018 - May 12, 2018
- Pizza e Pazzi: Serving Up Italian Favourites & Authentic Neapolitan Pizza - May 10, 2018