Since our phones have pretty much become an extension of our arms, here are 25 signs indicating that you just might be addicted to your phone. Fear not, we all are.
Do you find yourself caring for your phone like you would a newborn child? Do you panic when you can’t find your phone among all the unnecessary items living in your purse? Do you check your phone before even getting out of bed in the morning? If you found yourself nodding along, you’re already showing signs of addiction. Chances are you’ve accidentally referred to your phone as if it were a living human being and then said “LOL” instead of actually laughing about the whole incident. We get it though, what else can give you that beautiful glow? If you’re still unsure of whether you need to seek help, here is a list of 20 signs that you have permanent glow face.
1. You feel slightly unsettled when your phone isn’t in eye sight.
2. Even if you know exactly where your phone is, you check to make sure it’s still there every couple minutes.
3. God forbid you leave your phone at home.
4. When you do forget your phone, the concept of ghost limb becomes all too real.
5. You technically go to bed with your phone every single night…
6. The first thing you see each morning is your phone. If this doesn’t qualify as dating your phone, we aren’t sure what does.
7. When your phone drops, you feel like a bad parent.
8. You instantly reach for your phone to check that everything is still intact.
9. If your mishap results in the oh-so-common cracked screen, full-blown screaming ugly crying is not out of the question.
10. All those little pieces of glass in the bottom of your pockets are totally worth still being able to text your Tinder crush.
11. When the person you’re speaking with in real life is boring, it takes every fiber of your being not to take out your phone and text people who would be far more interesting.
12. You have a favourite emoji… and a second favourite… and a third.
13. You have about five or more texting conversations going on at all times.
14. When you can’t check your phone for a long period of time, you daydream about the messages you’re receiving and how you’ll respond to them.
15. When you do check your phone eventually, you don’t speak to anyone or look up from your phone for a good hour.
16. And if you didn’t receive the amount of messages you’d hoped for, your mood immediately deflates.
17. Even though you see all your messages the second you receive them, you purposely take your time responding to your crush. I mean, it’s crucial to your possible future relationship that they believe you have better things to do!
18. Because of this, you DEFINITELY don’t have the read option on. There are few things scarier than this to you.
19. When you hear that sweet, beautiful ding coming from your phone, you get giddy.
20. If you realize that ding wasn’t coming from your phone, you feel way less cool.
21. You get severe anxiety when one of your friends wants to play “the phone game” that requires you to leave all your devices in a pile and not look at them for the rest of the night.
22. If you do agree to play the game, you always lose.
23. You say “LOL” instead of laughing way more than you’d like to.
24. The only time you turn your phone off is when you’re travelling out of the country.
25. The only good part of turning off your phone for a trip is the high you get from turning it back on and seeing your screen fill up with notifications.
Share some of your favourite tell-tale signs of phone addiction in the comments below or tweet them to us @ViewTheVibe.