In celebration of National Hot Dog Day on July 23rd (why do we not have parades for this?), Fancy Franks will be giving away free hot dogs between 12pm and 7pm. If a free wiener wasn’t awesome enough on its own, a portion of the proceeds from the day will also be donated to the SickKids Foundation. To commemorate this occasion, here are 5 reasons why you should come out and get some dawgs…
1. It’s supporting SickKids which is amazing, duh.
2. Celebrities – our idols, and the closest things we have to gods on this planet – eat them all the time. In fact, there are entire tumblrs devoted to it.
3. People regularly compete to see how quickly and how many of them they can eat which means they must be delicious.
4. They are probably the most versatile food on the planet. Whether you cover them with ketchup, mustard or caviar, the hot dog is the chameleon of the culinary world. Also, if you did not have Kraft Dinner with sliced up wieners as a child you did not have a childhood. FACT.
5. This is Toronto and we live for food trucks and street meat. Hot dogs are undeniably the leader of the pack in terms of a fast lunch on the go. Also, FACT.