The City of Toronto always has our backs when it comes to ActiveTO and they’re always finding new ways to make sure we’re getting in that well-needed exercise on our days off. For this weekend – July 17th- July 18th, 2021 – they’ve just announced more road closures that’ll be available for people to safely get outside to exercise! Here are the new road closures starting this weekend.
New ActiveTO Road Closures
The locations this weekend will include:
- Black Creek Drive (northbound lanes), Trethewey Drive to Lawrence Avenue West (Saturday, July 17 only)
- Lake Shore Boulevard West (eastbound lanes), between British Columbia Drive and Stadium Road
- Lake Shore Boulevard East (eastbound lanes), between Leslie Street and Woodbine Avenue
- Bayview Avenue, between Lawren Harris Square and Rosedale Valley Road, and River Street, between Bayview Avenue and Spruce Street
- The Meadoway in Scarborough (Brimley Road to Scarborough Golf Club Road); and roads within High Park.
City staff actively monitor traffic congestion around ActiveTO closures to help keep vehicles moving and people safe. Drivers are reminded to plan their trips in advance to avoid all vehicle closures, if possible, and consider using a wayfinding app to understand detours and travel times.
More information about ActiveTO, including the new ActiveTO Bayview Cycling Corridor, is available at www.toronto.ca/ActiveTO.
Feature Image: City of Toronto