It’s World Emoji Day on July 17 folks, and Apple is kicking off the celebrations by previewing the new Memoji and emoji designs coming in iOS 14. It’s an even more exciting moment for Canadians as the country’s national animal has is going to be introduced to the emoji world! 🇨🇦
Let’s face it, nearly every one of our conversations with friends and family these days comprise of all sorts of emojis. Pretty sure we’ve all even tried to have an entire convo using only emojis. 😉 And so, we’re definitely excited for some of the newest designs like bubble tea, boomerang, transgender symbol, tamale, piñata, coin and so many more!
Download the iOS 14 beta to upgrade your Memoji’s look with new options offering over a trillion possible combinations, including:
- 11 new hairstyles, including man bun, top knot, simple side part, waves, and enhancements to fades.
- 19 new headwear styles, including a durag, tichel, cyclist helmet, nurse cap, or swim cap.
- Memoji stickers: Three brand-new Memoji stickers let you send fist bump, blush, or even a hug to your friends.
- Make sure to create backups for your Apple devices using Time Machine, before installing the beta version. Apple TV’s don’t require a backup as the data is automatically stored in the cloud.
- Download the beta version only on devices that aren’t critical to your work or day-to-day activities.
- It is recommended to install the software on a secondary device or on another partition on your Mac.
You can check out more information about the beta program here. All new emoji and more will be available this fall with a free software update for iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch.