There are some things that money can’t buy. But let’s get real, there are a lot of things it most definitely can. Many of these happen to be out of my price range – a fact my credit card will clearly attest to. So when I set out in search for the perfect hair accessories, I was saddened by the lack of items that appeared remotely wearable on the market. Many items looked as if they’d recently stepped off the set of Saved By the Bell, and not in an ironic 90s kind of way. With festival season almost upon us, it’s imperative that interesting hair adornments are available. No offense to Urban Outfitters, but after scouring the site for the perfect hair item I realized I could probably do something similar on the cheap. So I took matters into my own hands…
Now I don’t always do impromptu DIY projects, but when I do (no humble brag) they are usually hit or miss. Luckily, this bout of handiwork didn’t fall into the ‘Pinterest Fail’ category, and I can proudly share my homemade hair accessory wares.
What You’ll Need:
- Bouquet of artificial flowers, $1.25
- One pack of miscellaneous ‘braided’ headbands (4-pack)
- “Jewel” Bracelet, $2
- Glue Gun (definitely less than $5 which I purchased from the Dollar Store years ago)
- Inspiration and a willingness to save money
- I chose to use the black braided headband as the base for the flower crown
- I placed the flowers first without gluing to get an idea of the general placement
- Flowers were then attached one by one, and the headpiece was finished with the piece of jewelry for a unique look
As seen in the instructions above, these projects were quite easy to complete. After all, the less money spent on products means the more money for sangria (or your drink of choice). You can even swap out the flowers for a slew of metallic beads for another cool summer DIY.
Will you be rocking some floral head gear this summer? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @ViewTheVibe.