Calling all theatre-goers and show-lovers! And nope, I’m not talking about the movies. This is some good ‘ole fashioned live theatre fun and man, the lineup for the 2022/23 Mirvish Theatre Season looks like a blast. We’ve got six main season shows, three-off Mirvish shows and five bonus shows! A really good sign of the city’s theatre landscape coming back to life.
Mirvish Theatre Season
There are many anticipated showings that are featured in the lineup. The return of Hamilton is one that might be at the top, especially for those who hadn’t been able to see a viewing due to an early close two years ago. Others to look forward include Hadestown and Tina Fey’s Mean Girls.
Here’s a list of all the main season shows that are set to take the stage for 2022/23:
- The Shark is Broken, based on the true story of the making of the blockbuster film, Jaws. (September to November)
- Mean Girls, based on the iconic film of the same name. (October to November)
- Fisherman’s Friends, based on a true story about friendship, community and music. (November 2022 to January 2023)
- The Canadian premiere of Pressure, a new drama based on the true story of the planning of the D-Day invasion. (January to March 2023)
- Hamilton, based on American Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. (February 2023)
- Hadestown, based on the Greek tale of Orpheus and Eurydice. (July to August 2023).
For the off-Mirvish season shows, there’s Indecent, Things I Know To Be True, As You Like It, or The Land Acknowledgement. If you’re also looking to check out the bonus shows, there’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Jesus Christ Superstar, God is a Scottish Drag Queen, 6 Guitars and Jagged Little Pill.
For tickets and more information on the shows, you can see the website online.