With all the parties, festivals and events happening in Toronto this season, Summer ’16 is ramping up to be one of the best! At Vv Magazine, there’s nothing we love more than dressing up, good food, drinks and a little live entertainment, and that’s why Queen’s Plate is one of our favourite Summer events.
Sunday, July 3rd marks the 157th annual Queen’s Plate and for those who have never attended the event, you’re in for a treat – it’s essentially Canada’s take on the Kentucky Derby! That means, people of all (legal drinking) ages gather in their finest attire (think fancy fascinators and seersucker suits), for a day of horse races, fun, food and cocktails at the Woodbine Racetrack.
This year, guests can take part in a number of events-within-the-event, including the much-loved Hats & Horseshoes Party presented by Stella Artois and hosted by the co-hosts of The Social. At this party, guests can play croquet and other lawn games, participate in Best Dressed contests for men and women, and enjoy some of the best food and cocktails the city has to offer. Performances by award-winning musical acts like the Canadian rockers Hedley, Matthew Good, the Strumbellas and more will also be happening at three stages across the event grounds.
Sounds like a blast, right? Advanced tickets can be purchased online starting at just $15 or if you’re feeling lucky, you can enter to win 1 of 10 pairs of tickets to Queen’s Plate in our contest below:
Terms and Conditions:
- Ten (10) winners will receive two (2) tickets to Queen’s Plate (RV: $30)
- Entrants must live in Ontario
- Travel is not included
- Entrants must be 19+ to enter
- Contest closes Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 11:59 pm EST
- One winner will be contacted via email on Monday, June 20, 2016
- Winners will have until Wednesday, June 22, 2016 to claim their prize. If the winner does not respond, they forfeit the prize & a new winner will be picked
Do you plan on attending Queen’s Plate this year? Let us know in the comments below or tweet us @ViewTheVibe.