Of course, in the middle of swimsuit season, Momofuku just launched the Toronto location for their world-famous Milk Bar bakery in the Momofuku complex of the Shangri-La Hotel. Known largely for their appropriately-named Crack Pie, a dietary mess of butter and oat-encrusted deliciousness, the T.O. location is situated in a 12.5 x 6-foot glass cube and is already all the buzz among the city’s foodies. Here are 5 reasons why we suggest checking it out ASAP…
1. Crack Pie. By the slice or by the pie. We suggest the latter.
2. Toronto is the first international city to get a Milk Bar and that’s awesome. The other five locations are all in NYC (three in Manhattan, two in Brooklyn).
3. While the Momofuku cookbook is amazing, things are always better when somebody else makes them, right?
4. Everything is bakery fresh without the hair-net experience. All products are baked daily and brought in from New York for your luxury grocery enjoyment.
5. It’s smack dab in the middle of downtown and it’s the perfect, diet-cheating midday snack from our office.