CBD oil is all the rage. Does it help in the bedroom, and if so, how? Everybody is looking for ways to spice up things in the bedroom or just get back into the groove. There are many different things that impact libido and sex drive. There are so many supplements, prescription drugs, and therapies that help get it back up. Is CBD oil a potential way to help in the bedroom? Read on to find out.
CBD Oil and Libido: What is CBD, and How Does It Work?
Surely by now, you’ve heard friends or colleagues raving about the many benefits of full spectrum CBD oil. CBD is derived from the cannabis plant, but because it contains no more than trace amounts (<0.3%) of THC, it is non-intoxicating and does not produce a “high” like marijuana does.
CBD works alongside the body’s Endocannabinoid System (ECS) to maintain a state of order and balance. The ECS impacts a wide range of internal functions and systems, including:
- Reproductive systems
- Hormonal balance
- Mood and stress
- Pain and pleasure sensations and receptors
- Focus and concentration
When something is out of whack in the ECS or not running optimally, CBD oil can work to set things back into balance. Let’s take a look at how CBD interacts with functions related to sex and libido and whether you should buy CBD oil to help with these issues.
CBD and Sex Drive
ECS receptors can be found in many places within the body, including in the sexual organs and in the brain. Here are some examples that demonstrate how the ECS (and use of CBD oil) can impact libido:
- CBD reduces anxiety. If you like to have a drink before sex to relax and lower your inhibitions, you’ll find that CBD can work in a similar way, without the calories, the hangover, or the risk of overindulging. By lowering anxiety and stress levels, the desire for sex may increase.
- It enhances pleasure receptors. The ECS has a positive impact on the experience of pleasure, so it naturally follows that the use of CBD oil can increase the function of receptors that specifically connect us to pleasure.
CBD Oil for Women
Women can use CBD oil to improve their sex lives for a number of gender-specific reasons.
- Lubrication. Women who experience vaginal dryness or irritation around the vaginal opening have found CBD lubes to be highly beneficial in increasing their enjoyment of sex.
- Pleasurable feelings during sex. Though there’s no extensive scientific research around this yet, some women have reported feeling more intense orgasms and a higher level of pleasure when using CBD during sex.
CBD Oil for Men
Likewise, men have specific benefits available to them when using CBD to improve and enhance their sex life.
ED (Erectile Dysfunction). Ayurvedic practitioners have found the cannabis plant to be helpful with ED, as it is known to improve ejaculatory function and sexual performance.
Sex Drive. A 2017 research study suggests that cannabis can activate the part of the brain that’s tied to arousal, which means CBD may increase the desire for sex.