If you own a dog, there’s no way you wouldn’t want to take fun pictures with your furry friend. You might also think doing that is a piece of cake.
Unfortunately, this is far from the truth. The thing is, animals aren’t much cooperative in front of the camera. And unless you know the right tips, clicking photos with them will always be a challenge.
But worry not. We have shared useful tips to help you click awesome photos with your doggo.
Read this article till the end to find out!
Get Your Dog to Pay Attention
If your dog doesn’t pay attention to you, it will be an impossible task no matter how hard you try clicking amazing shots. It’s just that simple!
But how do you go about doing this? Well, there are a couple of tricks to achieve this.
- You can get them excited by rubbing their belly.
- Say their name loudly or call out to them.
- Act still and wait for them to notice you and come near you.
Remember that tricks don’t always work with dogs. So, don’t force them to do something they aren’t comfortable doing.
Test Different Angles
Dogs are mostly considered to be ‘short’. So, people usually tend to shoot their photos from a low angle. However, there are other camera angles that you can consider trying.
Also, if you don’t practice different angles, there’s no way you’ll ever get better at taking photos with your dog! So, try out the following different angles:
- A high angle will capture your dog’s various activities.
- The head-on shot will display how cute your dog is.
- A low angle will show off their cuteness in a different light.
You can also try getting down to the ground and taking the photo from that perspective! It all depends on the kind of look you want to achieve.
Choose a Suitable Location
It’s not only about home. If you’re motivated enough, you can take your furry friend’s photos anywhere!
Choosing a place is an important factor as it will determine what kinds of photos you’ll be able to click. So, choose a safe location for your dog with a fun background. You can still create interesting backgrounds by using collapsible backdrops if you’re at home.
You can even try taking pictures in some unusual locations. Here are some examples:
- Your backyard can be the right kind of setting required to click amazing shots. Also, it doesn’t require much effort on your part since your dog already knows the place!
- The beach will let you take some breathtaking photos with the blue waters as the background. And if you wish for more variety, try to click some photos on the snow as well. Of course, it would depend on whether you’re present at such a location or not.
- The park will allow you to take some shots with your dog running around! Just make sure that the place is safe for dogs and no dangerous objects are lying around. It’s also best if you go there on special occasions like holidays or festivals to have some interesting stuff to click pictures with.
Get In Sync With Your Dog’s Nature
Every dog is different from the other. Some dogs are more active, while some are laid back and lazy. It all depends on your dog’s nature, so make sure you get in sync with it before you start clicking pictures!
- If your dog is very active, then try taking photos of them when they’re running around and playing with other dogs.
- If your dog is a laid-back and lazy type, try clicking some calm and composed shots of them. Just make sure that you aren’t interrupting them when they’re sleeping!
So these were some useful tips and tricks to click awesome shots with your dog. If you follow them, we guarantee you won’t go wrong!