With the pandemic still on the rise, it’s no surprise that Canada Day 2020 is going to be a little different this year. Instead of the usual gathering for fireworks, the GTA will be celebrating the country’s 153rd birthday virtual style.
Even though large outdoor gatherings are still prohibited, that certainly doesn’t dampen the Canadian spirit. The live stream viewers can expect a full-day programming of music, dance and virtual fireworks. There’s also plenty of activities planned by the city for those of you looking to go out and soak in the sun.
Here’s a list of all that’s going down for Canada Day:
- Performances from a variety of artists like Gordon Lightfoot, Jully Black, Ali Hassan, The Next Generation Leahy and many more.
- 15-minute light show by the CN Tower which will be live on their website.
- A Canada Day Celebration Kit is available for download and features interactive activities
- Ontario’s first drive-in concert taking place in Markham.
- The Toronto Islands are open to the public and visitors must buy their tickets online in advance.
- The FOOD TRUCK’N Canada Day Festival will take place at Liberty Grand Entertainment Complex from 12pm to 8pm. Available for delivery and takeout via Uber Eats, along with a socially distanced patio.
- Wahlburgers Toronto at King and Blue Jays Way will be open for take-out and delivery. Customers can avail of their special combo which includes, The “eh?” Burger, Poutine – with Chef Paul’s own gravy, Apple Crumble and a Fountain Drink.
- Molson Canadian is opening up its case to create the most Canadian Case of beer ever for limited-edition sale on July 1st. The case will feature all the Canadian beer brands from across the country. Some of the names include Big Rock Brewery, Red Truck Beer Company, Lake of the Woods Brewing Co, Crank Little Lager and lots more.
And more. Check out our community events calendar for details.