The countdown to the holiday season has begun and we sure can’t wait to be a part of some of the amazing festivities taking place in the city! The holiday vibes have taken over the Fairmont Royal York as well as they are set to open two outdoor bars for this season.
The Thirsty Elf is back with its kitschy décor and elaborate holiday cocktails. This holiday bar will be open daily for Christmas treats and festive-themed cocktails, created by their Director of Mixology, Rus Yessenov. A variety of snacks and treats will be featured on the menu including:
- Candied Almonds (Royal Honey Rosemary)
- Glittery Elf Cookies (Earthquake Chocolate Cookies, Chili Spiced Ganache. $1 from each cookie order will be donated to Make-A-Wish Foundation)
- Fried Camembert (Lingonberry Jam, Cider Poached Pear, Local Apples)
- Schnitzel Sliders (Fried Pork Cutlet, Sauerkraut, Sour Pickle, Pommery Mustard, Pretzel Roll)
In addition, there are unique and creative cocktails this year as well, including:
- Gin-Gle All The Way (Pomegranate, Lime, Botanist Gin, Cointreau, Dry Vermouth)
- The Naughty List (Horchata (rice, almond, vanilla, cinnamon), Bacardi 8, Amontillado Sherry, Absinthe, Mace)
- Polar Punch (Apple Cider, Green Tea, Rèmy Martin VSOP Cognac, Irish Whiskey, Prosecco, Nutmeg)
- Rum Rum Rudolph (Cranberry, Cinnamon, Lime, Ginger Beer, Mount Gay Rum, Mint)
- Merry Manhattan (Lot 40 Rye, Sweet Vermouth, Fernet Branca, Apricot, Pimento, Jägermeister Cherry Ice)
The second bar is the CLOCKWORK Winter Palace, which is a slightly more upscale and winter version of the CLOCKWORK Terrace. The design will feature the stunning signature floral wall with an evergreen and winter décor twist. The bar will be open daily as well for meals, cocktails and weekend brunch.
View this post on Instagram
Guests will also be able to purchase items from Canadian brand, Roots like scarves and mittens, at the CLOCKWORK Winter Palace as a part of the hotel’s partnership with the brand.
There will be 30 seats per venue and reservations are strongly recommended. Both locations will be opening on Friday, November 20th. Tents and heaters will be a part of the outdoor experience to ensure the customers’ health and safety. The Fairmont Royal York team will also be adhering to the guidelines outlined by the city and Toronto Public Health.