It’s time for the fifth instalment of Guess that Chef’s Tattoo, presented to you by View the Vibe. Here’s how it works: Each week we’ll present you with a photo of a notable chef’s (or bartender’s) tattoo. Then, we’ll give you a few clues as to the potential identity of said restaurant professional. Finally, the grand reveal! So, read on, put on your abstract thinking caps, and don’t peek!
“I always wanted an egg tattoo ’cause it’ s my favourite ingredient. I work with it all the time. It’s the perfect food. There’s a Harold McGee quote from one of his cookbooks that I think about all the time: ‘An egg yolk is a saturation of the sun’s rays upon this earth.'”
– Originally from PEI, this chef summered one year in Ottawa working in a restaurant kitchen, then moved back to PEI to attend culinary school.
– Once finished training, this chef moved back to Ottawa, and eventually moved up to becoming executive chef of The Whalesbone.
– Having made a name for him/herself in Ottawa, this chef moved to Toronto just under two years ago.
– He/she snagged the job of chef de cuisine at Cafe Belong.
– This chef helped set up the Kensington location of Hooked last fall.
– He/she is currently the head chef at Catch, with her new menu debuting this past Wednesday.
Did you guess it was Charlotte Langley?