It’s time for the fourth instalment of Guess that Chef’s Tattoo, presented to you by View the Vibe. Here’s how it works: Each week we’ll present you with a photo of a notable chef’s (or bartender’s) tattoo. Then, we’ll give you a few clues as to the potential identity of said restaurant professional. Finally, the grand reveal! So, read on, put on your abstract thinking caps, and don’t peek!
“The (chef’s knife) on my leg was my first tattoo. Since I’ve been in the industry 17 years, I wanted to pay homage to it… I joke that the pig butchery tattoo is my cheat sheet. Eventually I’ll have a full sleeve of butcher cuts.”
– He or she was born in Poland but came to Toronto in 1984.
– This chef started as a bus boy at the age of 16, then got into the dish pit and worked his way up.
– Ali Oil in Mississauga.
– Has done a lot of catering and event work, notably with the Bloor St. Diner.
– This cook worked many a jam-packed brunch shift as a line cook at The Lakeview…
– Then ran the show as head chef at The Dizzy for 3.5 years.
– He or she just survived Burger Week as Sous Chef at The Rude Boy in Roncesvalles, his/her current home base.
Did you guess it was Greg Ulanowski?