Human beings try every means to make them look attractive and youthful. Today they have turned towards a unique and special substance called human growth hormone. It is a hormone that is secreted by the pituitary glands and which promotes growth in children and adolescents. The hormone also regulates body composition, body fluids and maintain the growth of the bones. This particular ingredient increases the function of the heart, and above all, it can be used as an age reducing lotion. That is why people look forward to this substance to make them look shiny and attractive. It is also one of the widely used ingredients in the drugs and in other products.
Although it has many benefits on our body, experts from www.hgha.com say that sometimes its effects are catastrophic. So, I am here with all the pros and cons of Human Growth Hormone. But before proceeding on the topic let us know the complete description of this particular substance.
WHAT IS HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE
Growth hormone is a special type of hormone, secreted by the pituitary glands that spurs growth, cell reproduction, and cell regeneration in humans and other animals. The secretion of the growth hormone is affected by a number of factors such as age, sex, diet and also other hormones. These include peptide hormones and sex hormones. Peptide hormones secrete a special type of receptors which bind the growth hormone, and the sex hormone increases the secretion of androgen during puberty which also acts as a hindrance to the growth hormone.
BENEFITS OF HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE
- WEIGHT LOSS. The person suffering from obesity has limited secretion of the growth hormone, but after the reduction in weight, its secretion is completed. The hormone boosts the process of breakdown of lipids and the hydrolysis of triglycerides into glycerol and fatty acids. Recently in a research on 24 obese individuals shows the great loss in their weight.
- MAKES THE BONE STRONGER. The growth hormone released by pituitary glands is essential in making the bone stronger. The hormone stimulates the production of a special type of chemical called IGF-1 which is produced in the liver and is further released in the blood. With the growing age secretion of growth hormone slows done and thus the replacement of bone is not possible. The absorbed hormone in the blood stimulates the formation of blood and blood re-absorbing cells.
- BETTER SLEEP. Proper sleep is very necessary in order to lead a healthy life. Lack of sleep alters the release of growth hormone. Therefore the secretion of the growth hormone in the right time gives us a sound sleep. Research has also proved that the secretion of the growth hormone starts with the onset of the sleep and rise until one hour of sleep is reached. The person with sleep deprivation feels weak due to the weakness in their bone.
- INCREASE MUSCLE STRENGTH. Human growth hormone increases the strength of the muscle by stimulating collagen synthesis in the skeletal muscle and in the inelastic cord of strong collagen tissue that attaches muscle to the bone.
- IMPROVE MOOD AND COGNITIVE FUNCTIONS. Recently a test has been done on the patients with the deficiency of growth hormone and the results prove that the person with the normal secretion and one with the limited secretion of growth hormone are antonyms to each other. The normal and the regular secretion of the hormone improve mood and cognitive functions.
- IMPROVES CARDIAC FUNCTION. The secretion of the growth hormone is also been useful in the treatment of many heart-related problems. It maintains the pumping action of the heart so that the circulation of blood is there in a much more efficient way. It also reduces the oxygen requirement of the heart and improves exercise quality.
SIDE EFFECTS OF HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE
Human growth hormone is a burning topic for discussion among the doctors and the physicians. Experts say that though it has many useful effects on our body but also has catastrophic effects on our body. Though the chance of risk is less still it can cause undesirable effects on our body. Human growth drug is one of the banned performance-boosting drugs. Still, it is consumed by the athletes to give their best. The consumption of this drug causes your body to retain fluids which cause swelling of the body parts which can further lead to lesions and wounds.
Learn more about the side effects of HGH
- Sleep disorder
- Body pain and headaches
- Can cause growth to the existing cancer
- Change in the structure of bone
- Increases the level of sugar in the urine
- Increases the concentration of sugar in the blood
- In adults, it causes depression, hair loss, dry skin, lack of concentration, fatigue
In children, it can cause
- Slow increase in their height
- Slow development of the teeth
- Slow hair growth and increases the fat around the stomach and the face
USES OF HUMAN GROWTH HORMONE
Still, the use of synthetic human growth hormone has not been approved. It has been used in the treatment of short bowel syndrome in which the nutrients are not properly absorbed. The treatment is carried out by the removal of the large portion of the small intestine. It has also been used in the treatment of rare pituitary tumors and muscle-wasting diseases.