It happens to all of us! While we have a regular Yoga routine at home, it goes haywire while traveling. Traveling is indeed exciting, but it can certainly disturb all your daily routine that you are so used to at home. Thus, as a result, you miss out on those valuable hours of exercise and yoga while traveling. This is not good news for all those who love yoga and prefer not to miss out on even a single day of their yoga.
Well, do not despair, as there is still hope, and you can still practice your favorite yoga exercises when traveling or while cruising during the weekend.
Given below are some tips that you can follow to ensure that you do not miss out on your yoga exercise, no matter where you are.
- First things first, make sure that you have your yoga pants with you, and if there is space in your bag, you can squeeze in a yoga mat. Or, you can easily get one from the hotel where you are staying.
- Stay at a yoga-friendly hotel, and there are already many hotels that cater to the needs of their guests and provide free yoga as an amenity. Thus, you can join those classes at any time to keep up with your fitness routine.
- There are hundreds of podcasts outlining yoga classes that can fit into your daily routine when traveling, or you can download several episodes before departure. All you now need is your phone or tablet and Wi-Fi and your yoga mat and practice yoga.
- It is a good idea to connect with like-minded people and look forward to a class-like experience as you practice yoga together. Who knows, there might be a yoga teacher too in your group?
- Take advantage of your locale and practice yoga just about anywhere. Just look for a calm and peaceful spot, like a secluded beach or a quiet corner within a tropical garden or a private space on your cruise ship . The best time is to do your exercise either early morning or late evening for minimum disturbance.
- Plan a holiday at a wellness retreat if you are serious about sticking to your yoga routine. Today, most wellness retreats offer special classes for yoga and meditation. This is the time to hone your yogic skills and get more experience in the field.
- Practice yoga while in bed if you are constrained for time. You will be surprised to know that there are many poses or sequences that can be easily followed in bed. Thus, you can make good use of your time early in the morning and do some yoga in bed.
- In addition, you can set a fixed time in your day to practice yoga, even when traveling. Set a reminder for a realistic time, which could be early in the morning or during the afternoon, based on your plan for the day.
As they say, if there is a will, there is a way! All you need to do is follow the above-listed tips and keep on enjoying yoga during your travel time. Go ahead and maintain a yoga routine, even on your trip!