Just as we thought Ontario was on the track to recovery, we’ve been hit with a new slew of restrictions. In the face of the new Omicron variant, the Ontario provincial government has just announced that we will be reverting back to some of our former lockdown protocols. If you were hoping to dine or hit the gym, you have to do so before Wednesday because we’re going back into lockdown mode.
Ontario’s New Lockdown Restrictions
Doug Ford has just announced that schools will not be returning to in-person learning for at least two weeks in order to protect kids and teachers from threats the new variant brings. As Ontario continues to break records everyday with our rising case counts, the Ford government has also introduced the following restrictions:
- No indoor dining
- Outdoor dining permitted with restrictions as well as takeout/drive-thru
- Alcohol sales restricted after 10 p.m.
- Gyms are ordered to close
- Retail settings capped at 50% capacity
- Mall food courts ordered to close
- Personal care reduced to 50% capacity
- Indoor gatherings capped at 5 people
- Outdoor gatherings capped at 10 people
- Indoor weddings, funerals and religious services capped at 50% capacity
- Concert venues, zoos, cinemas, science centres, museums, amusement parks, tours, festivals, and similar events and venues to close