Nothing else can help you kickstart your day the right way than a restful slumber. Adequate sleep can’t be emphasized enough, knowing it’s one of the core foundations of long-term positive vibes and health.
Yes, diet and lifestyle are the two factors that affect sleep quality. But in many cases, bed quality also plays a vital role. This is the reason Canadian mattress in a box Endy and other manufacturers (e.g., Tempur-Pedic, Casper) have been continuously rolling out innovative mattress designs. The increase in mattress sales also reflects people’s growing awareness about the importance of having a great bed.
Mattress Sales Statistics: Canada
If you’re living in Canada, for instance, the country’s 3.9% annual increase in mattress sales is enough assurance that the perfect bed is just around the corner.
Over the past 5 years, Canada’s mattress manufacturing industry experienced uneven growth. And this is expected to cause the industry’s revenue to stagnate at $837.9 million. This is partly due to the rising competition with foreign makers. In April 2019, Canada’s mattress sales reached about C$100.46M.
Market Forecast: 2019 to 2024 Period
Interestingly, Canada’s bed manufacturing sector is expected to grow by 3.9% annually. As of 2020, the industry’s revenue reached US$1,475M. And by 2024, the revenue is expected to reach $2,689.8M.
There will also be new mattress technologies that will be introduced on top of the existing in-demand ones, such as the innerspring and hybrid innerspring mattresses. Canadian manufacturers can also expect industry competition to become a little bit tougher. And this is due to the entry of foreign makers, such as the all-American brand Saatva, Minnesota-based Sleep Number, and the Texan brand Sealy, and other top-rated mattress makers.
Drivers of Growth
A lot of factors caused the increase of Canada’s mattress industry. Specifically, the following are the common drivers of growth:
- E-Commerce – Almost everything today could be bought online, including mattresses. Yes, many people still think that buying a bed online could be risky, knowing that one can’t see the product first before buying. However, many manufacturers also offer free trial periods and warranties, which are enough to encourage the public to start shopping online. Today, many people can attest to the wide-ranging benefits of shopping beds online, whether they’re looking for the Canadian mattress in a box Endy, Casper, or Tempur-Pedic.
- Smart Technology – Smart beds are also slowly gaining more popularity as these come with a range of features that can improve sleep quality. Beds made with smart tech have anti-snoring, sleep tracking, climate control, and firmness adjustment features. Owners can track their sleeping details via a smart device and see if they’ve had a quality snooze time. Sleep quality tracking is extremely important for those with major sleeping disorders, such as chronic fatigue and insomnia.
- Increase in immigration rate – The growing number of people migrating to Canada will also contribute to mattress sales. In 2020, Federal Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino said the country is set to admit around 340,000 immigrants. And the same number of people can be expected to buy household items, such as beds and appliances, as they settle down.
- Favorable housing policies – The Canadian government also offers favorable housing policies, which encouraged locals and immigrants alike to own a home. In turn, this will translate into more sales in beddings, mattresses, and other accessories.
- Mattress-in-a-box – Many people postpone their purchase of beds for too long due to the time and effort it will take to buy one. However, the release of the mattress-in-a-box design perfectly addresses this need. Beds can now be compressed, stored in a box, and delivered at the buyer’s doorstep in a couple of days. Buyers also have the option to set up the bed on their own or ask for expert assistance.
- Increase in disposable income – In 2017, the average disposable income of Canadians increased by 3.7%. And as they earn more, they’re also likely to buy premium beds that can meet their style and comfort needs. Aside from buying for personal use, many people also give mattresses, beddings, and accessories as presents, especially for newlyweds.
- Booming hotel, hospitality, and tourism industry – Canada is home to some of the world’s top travel destinations. Even during the Covid-19 pandemic, many tourists still flock the country for business or leisure purposes. As Canada’s tourism industry remains thriving, the demand for premium beds for hotels will also continue.
- An increase in the number of health-conscious people – Adequate sleep is an integral part of quality life. At an average, Canadians only get seven hours of sleep or less daily. And chronic lack of sleep can take a toll on one’s health. Aside from improving the lifestyle for better sleep quality, many people also rely on the comfort of their beds to help them fall and stay asleep. This is why mattress manufacturers also create beds to address specific health preferences, such as back pains, overweight, and spine support. A wealth of bed materials is also available to meet the firmness needs of the buyer.
Mattress manufacturing is one of the few industries that can be expected to enjoy steady market growth in the coming years. Canadian mattress in a box Endy, Casper, and Tempur-Pedic can expect high sales in the coming years due to a surge in migration, favorable housing policies, and other factors.
Indeed, beds are essential household items, albeit it’s also a major purchase. And homeowners just can’t help but prioritize this purchase, be it for comfort, style, or health reasons.