Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the first-ever McDonald’s Happy Meal! The company is set to launch limited-edition Surprise Happy Meal with some of the most popular Happy Meal toys from the last 40 years. It will be available globally in more than 90 countries, including at participating McDonald’s restaurants in Canada. Customers can collect one of the 15 iconic toys (10 iconic toys in Quebec) from November 7 to November 10, while supplies last.
The iconic toys include:
- Cowboy McNugget* (McDonald’s): 1988
- Fireman McNugget* (McDonald’s): 1988
- Mail Carrier McNugget* (McDonald’s): 1988
- Hamburger Changeable (McDonald’s): 1989
- Grimace (McDonald’s): 1990
- Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable* (McDonald’s): 1991
- McDonald’s Hot Wheels Thunderbird* (Mattel): 1993
- Hamburglar (McDonald’s): 1995
- Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Brothers): 1996
- Patti the Platypus (Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
- Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
- My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
- Furby (Hasbro): 1999
- Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013
The Happy Meal may have gone through changes over the years, but the feeling of fun and comfort remains to this day. Customers are invited to celebrate and discover which toy awaits them inside the Surprise Happy Meal.
In Canada, a portion of the proceeds from every Happy Meal sold goes to Ronald McDonald House Charities® Canada (RMHC®). These funds help keep more than 25,000 families close together each year at Ronald McDonald Houses and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms across Canada, while their child is being treated at a nearby children’s hospital. The Happy Meal program has raised more than $70 million for the charity since 2004.