Every woman is occasionally guilty of being envious of a gal pal’s shoes, outfit, or makeup. We’re only human, after all. If you haven’t, you must be one of the rare ones – or the one that the rest of us envy. Wet n’ Wild, the 35-year old makeup company that offers affordable and up-to-the-minute makeup options, has decided to help all the envious women – or just the ones that want to look as good as the next girl – by developing an app that will help ladies steal a makeup “look” and convert it into a list of products they’ll need to make it happen. Smart, right?
Wet n’ Wild has long been a makeup line that offers its consumers an obscene amount of colours to choose from, helping them achieve the appearance they were looking for — affordably. They are also the ingenious company behind makeup palettes that indicate where each colour should be applied (on the brow line, the crease, or the eyelid). Taking that cleverness to a whole new level, they recently launched the “Steal the Look” app (available on iPhone and Android), which allows you to take a snap and — in just a few swipes — get the Wet n’ Wild recipe you need to create that same look.
So here’s how it works:
1) Download the app “Steal the Look” – it’s free;
2) Using your phone, snap a pic of the look you are trying to re-create – either off a live person or from a picture in a magazine;
3) Select the areas you want to steal from that look (eyes, cheeks, lips, etc.);
4) Pick the skin tone that is closest to your own;
5) Wait while the app does its thing and VOILA! The Steal the Look app delivers the Wet n’ Wild products that will give you this look and even gives you the locations where you can buy them!
To support the launch of the Steal the Look app, Wet n’ Wild selected well-known — and audacious — director Dave LaChapelle to create a commercial that would be a bold, daring, and sassy way to help women see there is no look they can’t attain. Launched on September 22nd during the premiere of The Voice, check out the commercial below or just download the app and try it for yourself.
Let us know what you think in the comments below or tweet us @ViewTheVibe.