Brunch belongs to us. And by “us,” I mean the gays. Along with the gym, short-haired blonde Chihuahuas, and the word “Fierce!” it’s something we own majority shares in. Laughably embarrassing stereotypes aside, a fabulous brunch is something that the gay community has long been known to partake in leading to a chicken and egg situation with the ladies of Sex in the City… Who did it first? We’ll never know. Either way, Jarvis Street Italian mecca Osteria dei Ganzi has capitalized on this fact in launching their fabulous new monthly brunch event, Diva Brunches! Check out the pictures below as we attended the first ever Diva Brunch…
In partnership with Proud FM host Mike Chalut, the first Diva Brunch was a complete riot (in the best way) and we cannot wait for the next one. With all the best beats from the night before being laid down by DJ Phil Villeneuve (everything from Cyndi to Gaga… it was too good), the menu includes brunch staples like crepes (your choice of Nutella, caramelized fruit, or maple syrup), tuna or arugula salads for the skinny b*tches, and eggs in your choice of benedettina, scrambled, florentina, or frittata. Oh yeah, let’s not forget the best part: $5 mimosas and Caesars for your hangover. If that doesn’t sound fabulous enough yet for you, here are 5 reasons why we think you ABSOLUTELY have to try Diva Brunch next month:
1) There is a drag queen running around pouring champagne into your empty water glass.
2) There is a drag queen dancing on the table next to you and hosting trivia… we won the new Celine Dion CD!
3) … did we mention how much we loved the drag queen?
4) The super reasonably priced food and cocktails were delicious and exactly what we needed the morning after a night out.
5) With all the music, dancing, and beautiful people, it’s like Saturday night never ended!
Make sure you on the first Sunday of every month you catch Diva Brunch at Osteria dei Ganzi. The next one is January 5th 2014, start getting ready girls!