Understanding the need for maintaining excellent oral health is essential for individuals. This is because oral health often impacts an individual’s overall health. This is possible because of the existing relationship between oral health and overall health. Similarly, the overall health of individuals in a country will impact its economy; how?
If the individuals in a country suffer from poor oral health issues, it will most likely lead to more people who suffer from pains that affect their overall health. And when a nation is full of unhealthy individuals, it is bound to have a struggling economy. Hence, having good oral health in a country is good for maintaining a healthy environment and a thriving economy.
Canada is one of the few countries ranked for its high population of orally healthy citizens. North York dentist Dr. Barona explained that Canadians enjoy excellent oral health because they are accustomed to paying dentists at least once a year. Canadians have discovered that the dental clinic is not a place that should be feared and that oral health influences an individual’s overall health.
The importance of maintaining excellent oral health cannot be overemphasized because oral health is essential for communication, respiration, digestion, and more. The constant use of organs from the oral system for various activities exposes the oral system to bacteria and microorganisms that can cause harm (oral problems). This harm is seen by oral issues like lip cancer, cavities, incomplete dentition, and more.
Canada has its citizens have studied and understood that harm caused to oral health affects overall health, thus affecting the country’s health. This promoted the nation to devise strategies that have helped improve the star of oral health in Canada. This article will highlight the state of oral health in Canada, the steps and methods used by Canada to improve the oral health of its citizens, and ways of improving oral health in general. Read on for more information.
Canada’s Oral Health State
In Canada, Issues regarding the dental statistics of its citizens are overseen by an agency, Canadian Dental Association (CDA). This agency recently released the results of a dental analysis concerning the oral health of the country’s inhabitants. The result reported that inhabitants value the need for maintaining oral health.
The agency’s findings ranked the nation amongst leading nations whose inhabitants have excellent general oral health. This is because inhabitants of the nation rarely suffer from oral health issues, and the nation is home to some of the world’s best oral centers.
Why Canada Has A Thriving Oral Health System
The level of success experienced by Canada concerning excellent oral health results from steps and methods employed by the CDA. These tricks are:
- Professionalism: Canadian Dental clinics comprise some of the world’s finest dentists, highly skilled and knowledgeable in oral health. These professionals understand the need to establish a comfortable and suitable relationship with patients when taking oral consultations and provide immediate solutions to oral health issues.
- Consistency and sufficiency: A primary reason why most people struggle with oral health issues is that the dental clinic visited have a flawed service system. The CDA has examined the flaws in dental clinics to provide citizens with consistency and sufficiency. Some flaws experienced in dental clinics s long waiting periods. This has been eliminated in Canadian Dental clinics.
- Availability and flexibility: The presence of skilled professionals, consistency, and sufficiency results in citizens having regular access (availability) to dental services at any time (flexibility).
- Comfort: Visiting the dentist should not be considered a burden, and because of this knowledge, the CDA has provided the requirement that a dental clinic should aim to provide citizens with comfort. Hence, eliminating any struggle associated with visiting the dentist.
- Finally, in additional n to the efforts put in place by Canadian Dental agencies like CDA, Canadian have in turn embraced the idea of maintaining excellent oral health.
Tips For Improving Oral Health
These tips ensure that individuals enjoy excellent oral health free from any oral health issues. They are:
- The standard for brushing the teeth is twice a day and regularly with fluoride-containing toothpaste.
- The act of flossing helps remove plaques that form on the teeth.
- Dental visits are not restricted to individuals with oral health issues, but for all.
- Avoid poor nutrition like sugary foods.
Canada is home to orally healthy individuals, and this is because of how much importance is given to the star of oral health in the nation. This does not imply that there are no poor oral health conditions, but it is minor. This article has discussed the state of oral health in the country.