Italy is an amazing country because it displays a high level of style and grace. It is intriguing to know that they have the ability to transform the simplest of things into an art form. Italy has a contagious influence on the world at large mainly because of the fact that the notable artists and influential brands take their origin from Italy. The people of Italy are known for their incredible taste for quality. They can go to any length to obtain the beautiful things of life—Irrespective of the cost. From exploring the dilapidated ruins of Rome to touring the City of Venice, from exciting nation-wide events to savoring the aesthetic food recipes, 2019 is the best year to travel to Italy for the first time.
If you do not seem to understand why Italy should be considered for tourism, below are the five major reasons why you should visit Italy in 2019. If you will take your time to review the reasons below, I am certain that you will be longing to have a taste of what Italy has got to offer.
- The Dilapidated Ruins of Rome: Italy is known for its undoubtedly long-lasting architecture, which is one of the biggest breakthroughs of the ancient Roman civilization. Italy is an incredible place to visit because the 2,800-years-old dilapidated temples and building of Rome is found in this country. Travelers have the advantage of exploring the dilapidated ruins of Rome that were once walked by Julius Caesar and Romulus. The old and the new live side by side in the city of Rome, and so, after a hectic day of exploration and site-seeing, the travelers are opportune to enjoy other side benefits like the grand accommodations, and award-winning museums. Also, the travelers are hosted to a glamorous treat of various food recipes in exotic restaurants in Venice. In addition to the ruins of Rome, the ruins of the Colosseum, the Imperial Forums and the Arch of Constantine are other great sites to explore.
- The City of Venice: Venice, the capital of northern Italy’s Veneto region, is a popular city on peoples’ bucket List. The city of Venice gives off a magical vibe that causes you to instantly fall in love with its spell-bound features. Venice is notable for its serene scheme of canals, historic architecture, and tasty seafood. The city is seen to be quite colorful as a result of the presence of the expansive canals together with the rowing gondoliers. In the process of visiting this city, spontaneously explore its every nook and cranny. The famous landmarks, such as the Palazzo Ducale, the ancient Rialto Bridge, and the royal San Marco Basilica, the historical relics, the museum of ancient artifacts and the secret treasures of restaurants and bakeries should not be left out. Finally, the labyrinth of narrow alleyways is another amazing feature of the City of Venice that will leave you lost in heavenly fantasy.
- The Aesthetic Food Recipes: Italy will never be complete without stating their well-prepared creative dishes. The different dishes that can be savored in Italy ranges from the Pasta dishes to the Pizza, and the Florentine steak to the Antipasti dishes. A non-vegetarian traveling across Florence can savor the traditionally prepared Florentine steak. Also, Italy is known for its deliciously prepared antipasti. Antipasti is a dish of cured cheeses, marinated vegetables, prosciutto, and carefully-made spreads. The various region of Italy is known for its own unique taste of antipasti, and this means that you can begin your personal taste test around the country. Other classical dishes of Italy include the Cicchetti, Gelatos, Truffle gnocchi, Arancini balls, and the Pistachio cakes. The Cicchetti is a plate of bread that is usually topped with cured meats, cheeses and fish; it is generally served in most bacaris with a sweetened drink. The Italian dishes will undoubtedly proffer an astonishing experience to the treated guests.
- The 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s Death: The 500th Anniversary of Leonardo da Vinci’s death is one of the main events that will be taking place in Italy in 2019. This event is usually celebrated to mark the death of the Renaissance master Leonardo da Vinci, and so, lots of happenings will strategically take place in his home country. ‘’The Leicester Codex of Leonardo da Vinci: Water as the microscope of Nature’’ is usually exhibited at the Uffizi Gallery. The codex has 72 pages, each page containing Leonardo’s notes and drawings on the qualities of water and the environment, that was handwritten by the Renaissance master between the year 1504 – 1508. The Leicester Codex of Leonardo Da Vinci was originally owned by Bill Gates before he lent it to the Uffizi Gallery. The exhibition of the original drawings by Leonardo usually succeeds in the codex exhibition at the Uffizi Gallery, and this goes on until the 20th of January. Another remarkable occurrence that takes place in order to mark the death of Leonardo Da Vinci is the exhibition of the original drawings by Leonardo and other Renaissance artists in Milan between the 16th of May and 18th of August, 2019. Usually, the Biblioteca Ambrosiana in Milan organizes four exhibitions that is dedicated to the brilliance of Leonardo while the Biblioteca Reale in Turin is already working on permanently displaying 13 drawings authored by Leonardo in 1505.
- The Renaissance sculpture of David: Italy is known for its remarkable sculptures; a notable example is the Renaissance sculpture of David. David is a masterpiece sculpted by the Italian artist, Michelangelo, between the year range of 1501 – 1504. David is, perhaps, the most famous sculpture made of marble stone in the world. The 5.17-meter marble statue is currently located at the Galleria dell’Accademia, Florence, Italy, where it is displayed to tourists. David is a statue that represents the biblical hero, David, a popular topic in the art of Florence. This statue is just recently known to stand for the defense of civil liberties embodied in the Republic of Florence, a sovereign city vulnerable to the attacks of powerful contending states and to the dominance of the Medici family.
The above reasons should be enough to transform your mindset; thereby, making you to deliberately choose Italy as your number-one priority from the bucket list of countries to visit this year.