Your weekend trips to the Toronto Islands are about to get a whole lot better with the latest announcement of the Centreville Amusement Park opening to the public in Step 2 of the provincial re-opening plan! The Toronto Islands is a great escape out of the city! The ferry or taxi ride is such a fun experience, along with the beaches, restaurants, parks and now with the re-opening of Centreville, you’re guaranteed to have a day filled with fun!
RELATED: Things To Do In Toronto This Week (June 21-25) >>>
Centreville Amusement Park
The Centreville Amusement Park has been apart of the city’s history since the late 60s. They have over 30 rides and attractions, with the iconic Twirling Tea Cups, Log Flume, Bumper Boats and Bumper Cars and the Antique Carousel!
If you plan of visiting, you need to check out the Far Enough Farm! It’s a petting zoo right beside Centreville where you can find 40 different animals and birds!
There’s a variety of different admission packages to pick from at Centreville! If you’re planning a summer date, I recommend purchasing the All-Day Ride Pass for $27.25! If you’re heading to the island with family or friends, I recommend purchasing the Family All Day Ride Pass for $118.00 (including a minimum of 1 adult)! They also offer a single-person seasons pass for $75.22!
Things To Consider When Planning The Trip
7 Tips Centreville Amusement Park released for planning a trip to the park:
- Getting Here: Plan the ferry or taxi ride accordingly and know where to park. They recommend the several parking garages on Queens Quay as it is close to Jack Layton Ferry Terminal!
- Buy Your Ferry Tickets Online: To avoid any lines or waste time at the terminal, book your tickets prior online!
- Buy your Centreville Passes Online: Purchasing your passes online means you bet the lines and you aren’t restrained to a particular day!
- Lunch At Centreville: They have 14 food stalls at the park, so when you’re hungry between rides you have nothing to worry about!
- Visit the Animals at Far Enough Farm: As mentioned above, there’s a free petting farm right beside the park!
- Cool Off at the Splash Pad: Brand new splash pad to cool off during the hot summer days!
- Leaving the island: Enjoy a beautiful sunset ferry ride back to the city after a fun day at the park!