If you’ve been reading Vv Magazine for any amount of time, you know that we’re pretty big fans of getting out and exploring all that Vancouver has to offer — especially when that means trekking over to the North Shore for some outdoor R&R at one of our three local mountains.
For the holiday season, one of our go-to spots for festive activities has got to be Grouse Mountain. Here are five reasons why you ought to check it out yourself.
1. Skiing/Snowboarding is already in full swing. Yup, you read that right: a mere 20-minute drive from downtown Vancouver will have you heading up Grouse Mountain and down one of a handful of runs that are now open for business, including Cut Terrain Park.
2. They’ve got snowshoeing trails galore for you to explore, including the Snowshoe Grind. Just think about it, it’ll be the perfect way to work off those extra turkey dinner calories. Plan ahead and make an evening of it by grabbing spots for their Snowshoe Fondue nights. Find details here.
3. Celebrate with Santa – yes, even you grown-ups. They’ve got plenty on offer to help get you in the holiday spirit if you aren’t already. Grouse Mountain’s The Peak of Christmas is on now until Christmas Eve, with activities like sleigh rides, carollers, the SOS Children’s Gingerbread Village, and more.
4. They’ve got a huge outdoor skating rink. I mean really, can you get anymore quintessentially ‘winter’ than that? Grab your skates (or rent a pair) and have fun staying upright as you cruise around their 8,000 square-foot rink overlooking the city. Need an idea for date night? Well, there you have it. You’re welcome.
5. The best view of the city from Grouse Mountain’s Altitudes Bistro is the perfect way to unwind after a day of action with an icy cold beer in hand. Score a spot in the corner, or get cozy by the fireplace, and take in the scene before making your way back down to reality 3,700 feet below.
Why do you love Grouse Mountain? Let Vv Magazine know your thoughts on “VAN: 5 Reasons To Check Out Grouse Mountain” in the comments below or tweet us @ViewTheVibe.