Chow down for a great cause on Tuesday, March 25th and show your support for the 20th Annual Dining Out For Life (DOFL). Restaurants throughout the Lower Mainland and beyond are all coming together for one day of dining to raise funds and awareness for local men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS.
Participating restaurants are donating 25% of their food sales to support this worthy cause, all of which will go directly back to local charities – Friends for Life and A Loving Spoonful – for this special one-night event.
Fast facts about what DOFL supports that you need to know:
– Over 110,000 meals per year delivered to those affected by HIV/AIDS in Metro Vancouver and surrounding regions
– Nutritional counseling and meal planning
– 60+ support therapies ranging from therapeutic massage to naturopathy, music therapy to yoga
– A weekly hot lunch program for youth affected by HIV/AIDS
– End-of-life care to home-bound clients
It’s through the generous support of restaurants like La Pentola, Maenam, Good Wolfe, Parker, Tableau, Hawksworth, West Oak and Cactus Club (just to name a few) that DOFL is able to ensure thousands of meals are served and thousands of hours of holistic care are provided to those living with HIV/AIDS.
If you’re planning on supporting the 20th Annual Dining Out For Life event, let us know in the comments below or tweet us @ViewTheVibe.