Real estate can be an extremely profitable business and successful realtors can make money fairly quickly. It’s a competitive industry, and selling a house or condo may be stressful. Every real estate agent is trying to figure out new tricks to impress and entice clients.
There are plenty of tricks you can use to trigger a customer’s emotions and sell them on that house. One of those tricks is flowers.
Some companies, such as Joi Flower Delivery can help you find the perfect bouquet for your open house. It may seem like an unnecessary expense, but if you compare the price of the flowers to the price of the condo you’re selling, you’ll see it’s absolutely worth it. Here are just a few reasons for using the flowers while doing an open house.
Used as Decoration
Fashion trends come and go, but the beauty of flowers is infinite. No matter what the occasion is, flowers will always enrich the space and make the people feel comfortable.
If you decide to use flowers as a decoration in an open space, you need to pay attention to the following:
- Don’t go overboard. With the flowers, the options for decoration are seemingly limitless. But pay attention, you don’t want to overfill the space. The decoration should be subtle, rather than overwhelming.
- Match it with the interior. When you decorate the space with flowers, keep in mind two things: the size of the space and the colours of the interior. Large rooms are suitable for larger bouquets; don’t place large bouquets in small rooms however, it will look disproportionate. Also, match the flowers with interior colours. The goal is for the room to look like a natural habitat for the bouquet.
- Match it with the season. Summer is always reserved for warm colours. If you decorate the space during the summer, you should look for orange, yellow, or red bouquets. On the other hand, if you’re trying to decorate the space during the autumn and winter, white or blue flower decorations will be a perfect match for the weather.
Refresh Your Space
Fragrances are more impactful to a client than you might think. So it’s important to have not just the flowers, but the aroma as well. If you’re wondering what the best-smelling flower is, there’s no unique answer. Even the old Latins had the maxim “In matters of taste, there can be no disputes”, but here are a few picks that are never wrong:
- Roses. Roses are unique, timeless flowers. Even in ancient times, it was a symbol of love, beauty, and respect. It has a unique, rich fragrance that is widely enjoyed by many.
- Lavender. Lavender has one of the most refreshing fragrances in nature. Its magical fragrance even has therapeutic effects. It’s not surprising that lavender is one of the most common artificial air refreshing fragrances.
- Jasmine. Jasmine will give you a refreshing, floral scent, even during the winter. It has a note of citrus which will leave your client wanting more.
Pro tip: Don’t forget to change the water in vases. You’re dealing with natural flowers and the water has to be changed at least every two days. Otherwise, you may experience a rotting smell and that’s not the way to charm your clients.
Make the Client Feel at Home
No matter which flower we are talking about, it gives a more natural look to every environment and makes the surroundings more appealing to our eyes. Use that knowledge to attract the client to the home by making it feel cozy and relaxed.
It can be difficult for a client to picture themselves living in an empty home. Whether the house you are showing is pre-owned and previous owners removed their valuables, or it’s brand new and empty, it doesn’t necessarily look like a home. Not without some personal touches.
Your task is to give life to the empty space. To make it feel like a home instead of a house. A simple dried flower bouquet can help create that atmosphere during an open house. It will give a warm, welcoming outlook to your clients.