With Toronto back in lockdown, it can feel like there’s not much to do in the city. It’s difficult to feel the vibrancy the city has to offer when we’re not allowed to dine out or gather but that doesn’t mean it’s gone! A new art gallery has just opened in the heart of Little Italy so you can still support local artists and experience Toronto through art!
The Local Gallery
The Local Gallery is a new contemporary art gallery in Little Italy that showcases local artists. You can expect a fusion of pop meeting street art with a bit of sports and one-of-a-kind collectibles. In a time where artists are struggling, this gallery is giving Toronto artists a chance to display their work and share it with the public.
The first roster of Toronto-based artists currently featured in the gallery include:
- Pop figurative artist Morgan Booth (@morganboothart)
- Pop contemporary artist, Adam Lancia (@adamlancia.art)
- Acrylic and mixed media artist, Ziggo (@416artistry)
- Serialist painter, Brent Andrew Doty (@brenttheserialist)
- Graphic designer and illustrator, Jeffery Lane (@asterixstudio)
If you’re interested in taking a visit to the gallery, it’s open from Tuesday to Saturday from 12 to 6 pm, with visitor capacity capped at 50%.