Check Out What’s Going Down in Toronto
- This event has passed.
Canoe Heads For Kids
June 2, 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 4:30 pm$65
The annual Canoe Heads For Kids, is back for its 13th year. Its head-turning downtown canoe trip that will take over the Toronto waterfront to raise funds to send kids in financial need to summer camp.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Amici Camping Charity will unite 160 former campers and take over Toronto’s waterfront. They’ll be strapping canoes to their backs for the 13th annual 15-km urban canoe trip, Amici’s Canoe Heads for KidsTM. With the event’s highest participation rate ever, this year’s trek, supported by TD Bank Group, aims to raise $170,000. Ultimately reaching $1-million raised since the inaugural event in 2006.
- 12:30 pm: Benefitting campers share their incredible camp stories at Harbourfront Canoe & Kayak Centre
- 1:00 pm: Participants begin the 7.5-kilometre portage at the Harbourfront Canoe and Kayak Centre, parading along Queen’s Quay, past HTO park and Bathurst St., along Martin Goodman trail and arrive at Sir Casimir Gzowski Park
- 2:30 pm: Participants finish portage and break at Sir Casimir Gzowski Park
- 3:30 pm: Participants start the 7.5-kilometre paddle back to Harbourfront Canoe & Kayak Centre
- 4:30 pm: Participants cross the finish line at Harbourfront Canoe & Kayak Centre
Know of any events that you think should be listed?
Submit them to us for consideration using our submission form.