Painting your home can go from being exciting to stressful very quick with all the different options of paint colours, finishes and not to mention, the actual act of painting. There are many factors that come into play when it’s time to paint and it’s just easier to hire an external company to do the dirty work for you. Beware of online ads though, many are amateurs and you could end up with headaches and having to get the job re-done down the line if you don’t choose your painter wisely.
What Should be on your Checklist?
There’s a long list of things to avoid when looking for someone to paint your home, but instead of focusing on what you DON’T want, we’re here to tell you what you DO want. We’ve created a list of what you should look for when hiring someone to paint your space so everything is done the way it’s supposed to be.
- WHMIS Certified – it’s extremely important to have someone who knows how to be safe in a workplace, knows how to follow emergency procedures and someone who can work cautiously with potentially hazardous materials.
- WSIB Compliant – this means that everyone who enters your space that works for the company you hired has insurance in case they get hurt on the job.
- Liability Insurance – this one doesn’t need to be explained… make sure they have insurance!
- Equipped with Height Training – you may not even think of this but you want someone who knows how to paint with different heights, especially if you have high ceilings.
- Transparency – the last thing you want is to be told a certain price or timeline only for it to all change because of “hidden costs.”
- Reliability – this one is super obvious but sometimes overlooked. You want to make sure whoever you hire is reliable, honest and understands your needs and what the space requires.
Our Go-To Recommendation
One of our favourites is Paint My Condo. Not only do they check off all the boxes on our list, they’re also super friendly, very clean and are here to make sure getting your space painted is as easy as ordering a pizza.
Paint My Condo makes sure the job is done right the first time and even provide a 3-year warranty to keep your mind at ease. To ensure your process is as stress-and-hassle-free as possible, they offer industry leading transparent and standardized pricing by allowing you to build your condo project quote online. They have a variety of services like colour changes, colour refreshes and one-day painting.
Our Gift to You: A Free Colour Consult
It’s the holidays, so why not treat yourself to a fresh coat of paint. Paint My Condo is offering a free colour consult with an interior designer to View the VIBE readers! They’ll come to your space and give you a full assessment, suggesting the right colour and sheen based on use of space, natural light and indoor light ($500-$1000 value). This free consult will help you decide on the right colour before you commit to anything crazy like a neon yellow on the whole wall (or four). Just mention this article! Happy painting.
For a free and instant quote, visit Paint My Condo.