It’s official, we can add platinum blonde hair to the list of things that were cool in the 90s and are officially back full-force. Vv Magazine takes a closer look at bold hair trend and the blondes who seem to be having more fun than anyone else…
When Kim Kardashian stepped out of her hotel during Paris Fashion Week, sporting a platinum blonde bob, the pop culture-sphere temporarily stopped rotating.The American reality star still dominated headlines and social media around the world with her mostly-panned hairstyle as haute couture tried to make a cameo in the backdrop. The blonde bombshell a la Christie Brinkley, Daryl Hannah, Dolly Parton, and Michelle Pfeiffer may have defined the gravity-defying ’80s with its penchant for faux natural beach blonde waves, but the ’90s took peroxide to its most badass incarnation yet. Shunning commercial for unconventional, bedhead white-blonde rocker-chic hair took over where curling irons left off with Courtney Love, Drew Barrymore, and Juliette Lewis make giving blonde hair a polarizing makeover. Good girls had “the Rachel”; bad girls bleached their entire head and let their roots grow out, so no one dare wonder if maybe she was born with it.
The ’90s are back, and so too is badass platinum hair and the rock n’ roll attitude you need to pull it off . Coincidentally, don’t expect blonde jokes to return. Here are 10 of Vv Magazine’s top reasons to go platinum blonde this spring 2015…
1. It’s not supposed to look natural, so it’s not only a unisex trend, it’s a cross-cultural one too. Think Benetton meets Children of the Corn.
2. Sure, it dries out your hair, but that means you can wash it less — how ’90s.
3. Being blonde allegedly makes a woman more willing to be adventurous in the bedroom.
4. Thanks to hipsters, dying brown hair black is the new dying brown hair blonde in the ’80s — overdone.
5. If you hate it, you now have the perfect canvas to dye it blue, pink, purple, or peacock.
6. Gwen Stefani can finally be your hair muse.
7. Many blondes claim that their hair colour helped them talk themselves out of a speeding ticket.
8. With the recent platinum trend, there have been many articles written about making the plunge, and the one major thing they’ve all got in common? Blondes get a LOT of attention.
9. Betty > Veronica.
10. When someone inevitably makes a blonde remark, you can quote Dolly directly: “I don’t take offense to blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb and I know I’m not blonde.”
If you’re still not convinced by our “10 Reasons To Go Platinum Blonde,” check out some of the hottest platinum blonde celebs of all time. Is blonde their best look? We’ll let you be the judge.
What are some of your favourite blonde actors and actresses? Let Vv Magazine in the comments below or tweet us @ViewTheVibe.